Admit it, we’ve all become experts at killing time throughout the years and we’ve forgotten how to become more productive due to all the distractions that has surrounded us. I wanted to provide a differentiation on WASTING TIME vs INVESTING TIME.
Examples of Wasting Time:
- Watching too much TV and YouTube for entertainment purposes.
- Playing video games. Unless you’re a video game streamer looking to monetize your passion for gaming, you’re wasting time.
- Spending time complaining too much to other people physically or digitally.
- Comparing yourself to others.
- Procrastination, the act or habit of procrastinating, or putting off or delaying, especially something requiring immediate attention.
Examples of Investing in Time:
- Watching and reading online courses. (I highly suggest watching Shark Tank for entrepreneurs and enrolling in Udemy courses)
- Reading books to improve your mindset, knowledge and your passion.
- Networking with other people.
- Learning new skills to add to your current skillset.
- Allocating hours to your side hustle(s).
- Prioritizing your health, wellbeing and nutrition by taking care of your body. Ex. Working out 3 to 5x a week and eating healthy.
Think about this, a poor person and a wealthy person has the same number of hours in a day. We all have the same 24 hours in a day. The one thing that separates people is what they prioritize in each day that they consume. When we focus and concentrate investing time in the above examples, we become more productive human beings that grow exponentially compared to the typical person that wastes their days away. What we do everyday as a HABIT determines what our future will look like.
Question of the day: How much time do you spend each day for your personal growth?