I’ve read and listened to different ways to embrace failures from different people. While they’re all nice and lovely, I find most of them impractical to say the least.
While our failures shouldn’t stop us from our pursuit of success, it gives us the question of how and what next? Succeeding at the big tough things, we just have to be be absolutely all in. Bet big on ourselves. There should be a feeling of 101% wanting it so bad to the bones.
Now I know it can be and will be crushing whenever we fail at the big hard things in life. It should be. Life is tough. So how do we bounce back stronger than ever from a failure? To make a constructive use of the word “failure”, it should be important to never let our identities intertwined with any of the 5 types of failure below.
Here’s a simple 5-step checklist that’s setback proof:
1. I recognize that I have failed. I don’t deny it, especially to myself.
2. I then remind myself that I am NOT a failure just because I failed in one of my goals.
3. I will learn everything on the reason why I failed. It’s how I do research analysis of myself and the efficacy of the action plans I took.
4. I remind myself that next time I do this, I WILL WIN.
5. I know then that with my failure, I will never fear failing again and again.
Question of the day: I want to know your strategies on how you get back up from a knockdown loss. Share yours!